Thursday, February 19, 2009

My New Hobby

Lately, I've been busily sewing. Yes, I've been spending all my spare time at the machine and I've been burning the candles at both ends. I started sewing (all those aprons, and the bag and a quilt for Skyler that I haven't posted) and realized I was really enjoying myself. So I thought maybe I can make some money while I'm doing this. I opened an Etsy store: http://www.peanutbutterprincess.etsy.com/. I haven't sold anything yet, but here are a few items that I've made. Eliza is really benefiting because she gets the "sample". I did make Emily an apron, but I'm really hesitant to make anything for Sarah because she is so hard on clothes. It's harder than I thought it would be to find the time--constant interruptions from kids, etc. My best time is after they go to bed--thus burning the candle! Oh well!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Those are so dang cute Natalie!! I wish I had girls!! Ok...really I just wish I had girls for the cute clothes, nothing else! I like my simple boys haha

HayleeBird said...

Very nice Natalie - I had no idea you were so good at sewing. I always sewed with Mom's help, but I don't think I could sew from a pattern by myself. I can mend and do hems pretty well, but I wouldn't dare make any clothes.

Brianne said...

Sooo cute!!! I wish I was as talented as you! You should win the award for Best Homemaker!!! I can't sew and don't really enjoy it much. Great job!!!

Brianne said...

You should sell the bags you make on the website - they are very cute! And maybe sell aprons for adults, too!

Angie said...

Super cute. I am loving seeing all you projects. You are making me want to buy more fabric... as if I need more!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute! What a great talent you have! I don't think I could ever make things that cute.

Jenn said...

How cute! That's so talent!