Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Amazing Emily

Can I just brag for a minute? Well, I'm going to whether you like it or not. Emily is an amazing daughter! Every month at school a child who exhibits the monthly character trait is chosen from each class to receive the Canyon Champs award (it's Canyon Elementary School). Last month the character trait was responsibility. It didn't surprise me at all that Emily won the award for being responsible. This is the girl that wakes up at 6 am every morning (the rest of the family wakes up at 6:30 or later) so that she can get her chores done before school.

Emily loves reading! The monthly goal for reading in her class is 400 minutes. Emily has averaged about 1400 minutes every month!

Today I received a phone call from Hogi Yogi asking to speak with a parent of Emily Pope. She entered a coloring contest in November, and she won! She gets a $50 savings bond! Pretty cool, don't you think?

Emily is also a great helper! I really don't know what I would do without her. I love you, Em!

3 comments:

HayleeBird said...

Em is great. Its nice for you that you have such a good helper for everything. She's a good egg!

April said...

I'm so glad that Luke has such good cousins to look up to. She is really one special girl!

Laura said...

Your Emily is so cute!!! I am so glad I found your blog and those of your family! I have lots of great reading in store, Laura