Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life just keeps getting busier and busier...

I'm quite sure that someday Skyler will be thrilled that I took this picture of him. He's just SOOO cute, I couldn't resist. :>)

Emily and Sarah started softball mid-May. We have games 4 nights/week through June. It's great, let me tell you. Emily isn't enjoying it as much this year, and the reason is because in third grade they actually begin to play by the rules (3 strikes your out!) I can't say I mind that she probably won't play next year, and I will happily remind her next spring about how she didn't enjoy it this year.

Ever since we participated in that 1 mile fun run, the girls have decided they like running races. They ran another one on memorial day. Emily came in 4th place overall, with Sarah not far behind. I was so excited to see her coming in close to the front that I forgot to take a picture of Emily, but here's one of Sarah--almost at the finish line!

On Memorial day we also drove out to Fairfield where Nate's grandma Pope grew up. Grandma and Grandpa Pope are both buried there and we go out there every year to decorate their graves. At the park they had some fun activities, including a free stagecoach ride (we were at the Stagecoach Inn, afterall).

The girls have both been begging for haircuts for the past months. I finally made appointments for them with Nate's sister, April. She did a great job!

You just CAN'T resist this adorable face!!

Do I look like I am enjoying myself? Well, looks can be deceiving. Skyler got a ride but it was late and he was tired so he fell asleep and missed most of it!

You've heard of a bicycle built for two, how about a bicycle built for 4? We took a family bike ride: Emily and Sarah rode their own bikes, but Nate, Eliza, Skyler and I were on the tandem. That was fun! We do get a lot of strange looks.

2 comments:

Tam said...

I love the haircuts, girls! I miss you guys!

HayleeBird said...

Super cute haircuts. Looks like you're having a fun summer. :)