Thursday, January 8, 2009

Food, food, food....

Okay, so I thought I was done blogging for the day. But I can't stop thinking about food (yummy food, that is). Those of you who read this blog regularly might have noticed that I have a new feature on the side of links to other fun blogs. Mostly food blogs. I think it's because I'm on a diet that I can't stop thinking about the yummy things I've seen on these blogs. I've been off sugar (mostly) since the beginning of November and I have lost about 6 pounds. (It was closer to 8 but I took a break from my diet over Christmas and gained a couple back:>) Oh, well. I am allowing myself to have a "treat day" at least once a week. This is a day I can have whatever I want, in order to keep myself motivated to skip those treats on the other days. I now find myself planning my treats for that day. I need to go by some mints so I can make these yummy-looking andes mints cookies ("yummy-looking" just doesn't cut it, but it's late and my brain doesn't work well these days--especially when it comes to finding the right adjective):

Don't these just look divine? You can find the recipe on the Delightful Delicacies link, because I KNOW I'm not the only one who will want to make these. Check out these other mouthwatering pictures:

Oreo fudge from Stephanies Kitchen

And last, but not least, apple pie pizza also from Stephanies kitchen. And actually the andes mint cookies recipe can also be found at Stephanies kitchen.

3 comments:

HayleeBird said...

I keep meaning to post them, but I have a couple of yummy recipes I need to put up also. One is for soft pretzels, which I LOVE and the other is for a good hamburger recipe. I love food. Thats why I'll never be thin.

Rachel said...

Don't get me started on food! I am constantly having cravings with the pregnancy! The other 2 not so much. These are what I have craved (and ate) recently: m&m cookies-which I made and they were huge and yummy, chocolate waffle cookies, jello, krispy kreme donuts, of course ice cream, pickles, kim-chi, vinegar on sandwiches, crisp cold apples, oranges, subway sandwiches and mexican food. I am crazy! I am going to get so fat with all this food, it makes me sick thinking of it. At least the thought of most candy makes me ill, which is normally my greatest love!

Jenn said...

YUM!! That looks like tasty stuff!